Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mickey Hart Band

North Carolina, we have a real treat on our hands. The Mickey Hart Band will be performing 2 shows in the Old North State this week!! Tonight April 17th you can catch them at Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill and tomorrow, April 18th you can see them at The Orange Peel!

If you've never actually had a chance to hear MHB, then you may be curious as to what they sound like. I'll go as far as to say it is the most interesting Grateful Dead side project to date. Mickey Hart Band sounds like The Grateful Dead and Genesis meshed seamlessly together. They have a smooth jazzy touch with a fierce almost trance-like undertone. I know that may seem like a very weird description and I agree, but it's a very hard sound to describe. I guess it could be described as a "Drums>Space" sound for all you Grateful Dead fans. Now, if you're not a fan of Drums and Space don't let that intimidate you, I assure you it will not disappoint. Laying down the bass for Mickey Hart Band is Dave Schools of Widespread Panic. Also playing in the band (reference intended) is a very solid list of musicians. For more info on the band check Mickey's website: http://mickeyhart.net/

Tickets for the shows can be found at Cat's Cradle's website and the Orange Peels website.
Cat's Cradle tickets are $29 in advance and $32 Day of with a show time of 8pm (doors at 7pm). Orange Peel tickets are $27 in advance and $30 day of. Show time starts at 9pm (doors at 8pm).
Head out and enjoy some Grateful Dead related music with a twist!

Here's a track of the band's forthcoming album:

*Keep checking the music calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment