Well, I’m currently living in Boone, NC. One of the main reasons I moved up here was for the incredible selection of live music. This weekend is a prime example of Boone’s musical prowess.
Big Daddy Love is playing at Murphy’s in Boone this Friday night! (April 13, 2012)
Big Daddy Love (BDL) has deep Appalachian roots. They combine a rock tone with a subtle bluegrass sound that gives them a sound all their own. In the fall of 2011 I was driving for one of the local taxis and picked up an older gentleman from Murphy’s who had just seen BDL. Having heard of them but never actually heard them I inquired as to what he thought of them. He said that he had seen around 40-50 Grateful Dead shows in his younger years and about the same Widespread Panic shows in the 90’s. After giving me his life story and explaining how live music had become stale to him, he then made the statement that Big Daddy Love is what made him fall back in love with Live Music. He was from Eastern, NC and said BDL was the only band he was willing to travel for anymore.
I will definitely be at the show tomorrow! Start time is slated for 10pm. And the cover is $5.00. Murphy’s, if you haven’t been, is one of the coolest places to hang out in Boone. Come out and support these guys!
Here's a video to wet your appetite:
Hey Ben! thanks for the kind words! we appreciate it. Come say hi next time you see us.
ReplyDelete